The First International Conference "Translational Research in Oncology" ForlГ¬, Italy, 14-16 May 2008
The First International Conference “Translational Research in Oncology” will take place in Forlì, Italy from 14-16 May, 2008. The conference aims to examine the link between research into cancer and clinical applications of laboratory findings, and to focus on the biomolecular development of new drugs. The conference also aims to promote open dialogue between laboratory researchers, clinical oncologists and pharmaceutical companies, of fundamental importance for the successful teranslation of research into practice.
Areas of particular interest are as follows:
- The role of biomolecular markers in early cancer diagnosis;
- Biomolecular aspects of cancer immunotherapy;
- Targets and mechanisms of action:
- of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies;
- of small molecule drugs;
- of chemotherapy agents;
- Mechanisms of endocrine resistance and therapeutic strategies to overcome it;
- Molecular characterization and therapy in palliative care for cancer patients;
- Biomolecular aspects of supportive therapy for cancer patients.