- Curriculum vitae ENG: Download
Dr. Marino's research experience is principally focused on in vivo models of brain tumors and neurodegeneration. During her master thesis at the University of Verona, Department of Neuroscience, she worked on a murine model of glioblastoma to uncover novel therapeutic targets, with particular attention on tumor microenvironment and the role of microglia. During this period, Dr. Marino practiced micro surgery techniques for orthotopic tumor implant, with the creation of cranial window for in vivo imaging by 2photon confocal microscopy. Later she worked as a fellow researcher at the Neuroscience Institute Cavalieri Ottolenghi, in Turin, where she learned how to maintain and take care of murine colonies. Concurrently she learned techniques like PCR for the animal's genotyping and how to manage behavioural tests for neurological investigations. Since September 2021, Dr. Marino is employed at IRST by the Radiobiomics and Drug Discovery unit, where she works on 2D and 3D preclinical models of glioblastoma (spheroids) to test the efficacy of new pharmaceutical compounds.
- 2016: Degree in Quality control of Health products (faculty of pharmacy- University of Bologna)
- 2020: Master Degree in Molecular and Medical Biotechnology (University of Verona)
- 2020-2021: research fellowship at Neuroscience Institute Cavalieri Ottolenghi (Turin)
- 2021: Biologist license 2021-today: Research biologist at Irst